Joint Brexit note providing a short list of the biggest areas where UK government action is necessary to ensure continuity and certainty of IP law and to prevent disruption both to undertakings which use IP services and IP service providers. Key recommendations are made in the following areas:
- Continuation of EU-derived IP rights.
- Unitary Patent / Unified Patent Court Agreement.
- Exhaustion of rights.
- Rights of representation.
- Mutual recognition of judgments.
and written or supported by the following organisations that represent the main UK IP professions, including IP solicitors, IP barristers, chartered patent attorneys, and chartered trade mark attorneys:
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Intellectual Property Bar Association
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- IP Federation