Trends and Events
23 January 2012
The annual newsletter in which the Federation reviews its previous twelve months’ activities, Trends and Events 2011, has now been published. It provides an overview of those IP issues which engaged industry during that period and tries to look beyond current issues to identify future areas of interest, activity or controversy.
Trends and Events
2011 is available on this site
, together with PDF versions of the individual articles. As well as the President’s Introduction, it includes articles on the following:
- The Federation’s activities
- Draft European Commission Block Exemption Regulation on Research and Development Agreements
Copyright, Trade Marks and Designs
- Copyright Levies
- Trade Marks
- Hargreaves Review – Call for Evidence in the Designs Sector
- Unintentional Infringement of UK and Community Rights Relating to Designs
- Commission Consultation on the Enforcement Directive
- The EU Observatory on Counterfeiting and Piracy
- EU Patent Reform
- Innovative tools and processes at the European Patent Office
- Practical issues – selecting an expert and getting the best out of them
- Preliminary injunctions alive and well – a view from Europe
- The Hargreaves Review
- The UK Intellectual Property Office and Ipsum
- The America Invents Act harmonises US IP law with international practice, but invokes significant changes which will fundamentally impact US IP strategies
IP Federation Biographies
WIPO pilot projects on collaborative search and examination
The IP Federation has issued a statement in support of the WIPO pilot...
Unitary Patent Regulation and Unified Patent Court Agreement
The IP Federation is concerned that the draft Regulation and draft Agreement...
Unitary Patent Regulation – Articles 6–8
The IP Federation has made a plea for MEPs to push for the deletion of the infringement...
Location of the Unified Patent Court
The IP Federation has written to Baroness Wilcox, Parliamentary Under-Secretary...
Implementing the Hargreaves review – call for evidence in relation to the design sector
The IP Federation has responded to the Intellectual Property Office’s...
IPReg Consultation on Litigation Rights for Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
The IP Federation has responded to the IPReg consultation on Litigation Rights...
Draft agreement on a Unified Patent Court and draft Statute
The IP Federation has issued a statement in support of the "principles...
Harmonisation of Substantive Patent Law
The IP Federation has made a plea for renewed efforts to find common ground...
EU–India Free Trade Agreement
The IP Federation has written to the IPO advocating the provision of Regulatory...
IPO consultation on experimental use and Bolar exemption
The IP Federation has responded to the IPO consultation with deadline 31 July...