Trends and Events
14 December 2010
The annual newsletter in which the Federation reviews its previous twelve months’ activities, Trends and Events 2010, has now been published. It provides an overview of those IP issues which engaged industry during that period and tries to look beyond current issues to identify future areas of interest, activity or controversy.
Trends and Events
2010 is available on this site
, together with PDF versions of the individual articles. As well as the President’s Introduction, it includes articles on the following:
- The Federation’s achievements
- The Federation on the Web
- Draft European Commission Block Exemption Regulation on Research and Development Agreements
Copyright, Trade Marks and Designs
- Copyright Levies
- Trade Marks
- Future of Design Law in UK
- Review of EU Customs Anti-Counterfeiting Regulation
- EU Patent Reform
- European Qualifying Examination (EQE)
- European Patent Office Single Patent Process (SPP) Programme
- Patent Quality
- Developments in the Patentability of Computer Software and Business Method Inventions
- New System for Regulation of UK Lawyers including Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
- The UK Intellectual Property Office
- StrategicAdvisory Board for Intellectual Property Policy (SABIP)
IP Federation Biographies
Panel of experts advising independent review into IP and growth announced
The Intellectual Property Office in the UK has announced in a press release...
IP Federation supports on-line file inspection
The President of the IP Federation has written to John Alty, Chief Executive...
IP Federation supports proposed Council Regulation on patent translations
The IP Federation has issued a statement in support of the principles expressed...
IP Federation elects new President, James Hayles, effective 9 July 2010.
The IP Federation is pleased to announce that Mr James Hayles has been elected...
IP Federation appoints new Secretary, David England
The IP Federation has appointed a new Secretary, David England, effective...